+ Permanent Full time
+ Work From Home (Galway)
MCCR Recruitment is a division of Bitcoin Marketing Team, one of Ireland’s oldest companies that has been working in the blockchain since 2014.
We are happy to inform job seekers of a vacancy with a client based in Ireland who are a rapidly expanding blockchain-as-a-service company with operations in East & West Coast USA, as well as the West of Ireland.
They are seeking an experienced Data Engineer with an interest and experience working with blockchain technologies to join their team and support their clients to build a wide range of applications around multiple blockchains and networks.
This permanent full-time role (subject to six months probation period) role will suit an experienced motivated individual who is able to work for themselves and is comfortable working using code repositories, chat apps, and project management tools to work in a fast-paced environment of continuous integration and deployment. It’s a hands on role that lets you work with some very cool blockchain projects, and will suit someone who likes to solve problems and build solutions.
The family-friendly company allows for flexibility around working hours to suit family life, a very flexible paid time off policy so you’re not stuck for holiday days when you need them, competitive salaries (based on experience) and 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, life and disability cover. They are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity into their team. The role is 100% Work From Home, with some working hours in the early evening Irish time to deal with California, and occasional in-person team meetings in Galway City Centre.
- Relevant Software Engineering/Programming qualification (Bachelors, Masters or above) plus at least six years experience under their belt.
- Proficiency with Golang, or at least one statically typed programming language
- Knowledge of Protocol Buffers (protobuf) and Remote Procedure Calls (gRPC)
- Experience working with encryption
- Experience working with relational & object store databases
- Experience of building products using cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Digital Ocean, Openstack etc.
- Experience building microservices
- Hands on experience with blockchain projects is a bonus, although the role will include an element of upskilling in this area for the successful candidate if they don’t have previous blockchain experience.
- Developing and maintaining reliable, scalable, secure applications
- Develop data ingestion microservices
- Parse & analyze data to identify trends and faults
- Extract, Load & Transform data for delivery to our clients
- Design and Build Elastic Stack (ELK) infrastructure
- Advise our blockchain teams on how to extract data
- Visualisation of data
- Develop internal SDKs
- Plan & execute performance tests
Sound like the job for you? If you think you fit the bill for this role and meet the experience criteria, please send an email with a cover letter, a copy of your CV and if possible a link to any relevant github repos you would like to include with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also speak to one of the team during office hours on +353 1 443 4113 to discuss the role. Our client is also hiring for a Full Stack Developer.
if and when we have another role on our books, please send a copy of your CV